Friday, October 28, 2016

Do You Even LinkedIn Bro?


OPMLICompanyPage

Like my catchy blog title?
But seriously, do you utilize this professional platform?

I do now, but I started too late. Here's what I've learned.


1. LinkedIn is NOT just for job seekers.

Like everyone else, I thought that it was only used for job searching.
And while it is a good tool when you're looking for a job, you don't have to be unemployed to benefit from this platform.
Little did I know that I should have been growing my professional network from day 1.
So go on and connect with all of your current and previous coworkers.

2. You can connect with people you personally do NOT know.

What?!
I didn't know that!
If you just connect with those that you know, you'll come to a halt in growing your network.
That totally makes sense now.
Now don't just go and start connecting with everyone and their grandmother.
But connect with those that are in the same industry as you, or in an industry closely related to your field of expertise.
Connect with clients and others that you have done business with.
I've connected with my loan officers and real estate agents.
Upon doing so, I noticed that we would sometimes have mutual connections.
It really is a small world.

3. Endorse each other.

If you feel that someone has a great set of skills, then let them know.
This in turn let's others know as well. And this provides credibility.
Often times the favor is returned, which showcases your talens to others without bragging.

4. Stay in touch.

To be honest, I don't have a lot of connections. I just began learning more about LinkedIn about less than a year ago.
There's a ton of free info on there, and it's pretty easy to meet people.
Yes, LinkedIn is a professional platform. It's not facebook so you want to avoid posting off the wall status updates.
But stay active by interacting with others.

Feel free to connect with me at: 

     www.linkedin.com/in/melyssagreen

OR....you can connect with our master machinist at:
     www.linkedin.com/in/greendp

...and we'll see YOU on LinkedIn



#networking #onpointmachining #cncpoint #LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment